Friday, February 22, 2008

Mom's Chicken Soup

I love this recipe. It takes about 1 1/2 from start to finish but reheats really well. I usually make this on a weekend and eat during the week.

Items You'll Need:
1 whole chicken ( I usually get a small whole chicken)
1 green pepper
1 handful of green onions
1 bag small baby carrot
1 bag of Kluski Noodles
Better than Bullion "Chicken"
Season Pepper (It has a blue cap in the seasoning isle)
Salt

Optional ingredients:
Green Beans
Corn
Peas

Directions:
Follow directions for how much for the Better Than Bullion for how much water you have in your pot. I usually use about 3Tbs
1.Fill pot of water and put in Better Than Bullion and about 2 Tbs of Season Pepper and a dash of salt: bring to boil
2.Put in whole chicken bring it down to medium heat for about 40 - 45 minutes
3.While chicken is cooking, cut up green pepper and onion and put in pot
4.When chicken is done, take out and put aside to cool a few minutes.
5.Keep pot with water, onion and green pepper and add your veggies and 1/2 the bag of noodles ... keep water at simmer for about 15 minutes
6.Take chicken off bones. I usually just use the breast meat and some of the dark meat from the thighs. I just get at what's easy. Cut up chicken and put in pot.

READY TO EAT!!

No comments: